My career began in front-end development and has transformed through my professional and academic career to experience strategy.
M.S. Human-Computer Interaction Design, Indiana University
Bloomington, IN (2010 – 2013)
B.S. Computer Graphics Technology, Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN (2001 – 2006)
Lead Experience Designer, Connecture
July 2013 – present
- Introduced company to UX research methods and became lead researcher.
- Led training of product team in research and design methods.
- Led innovation design sprints, collaborating with VP and C-level stakeholders.
- Collaboratively designed new products that generated millions in revenue.
Experience Designer, Kohl’s
June 2012 – July 2013
- Redesigned major aspects of the customer digital omni-channel experience.
- Conducted field research in customers homes and in store.
- Transformed customer insights into design concepts and annotated wireframes.
Interaction Designer, GLERB
November 2011 – July 2012
- Led design of user retention strategy.
- Created personas and journey maps.
UX Intern, LexisNexis
May 2011 – August 2011
- Designed a mobile information capture application for legal professionals.
- Designed and prototyped several visualizations of legal data.
Interaction Designer & Developer, 3iD Purdue
2006 – 2010
- Developed a user-centered design process.
- Interviewed users and conducted usability tests.
- Designed and developed 508 and standards-compliant websites.
- Gathered client insights and led design and front-end development.